Tuesday, August 19, 2008

What's The Hold Up?!

Well I woke up to rains gushing and the winds howling like crazy. It was really annoying because I couldn't go back to sleep. It let up a little bit this afternoon, Fay is really taking her time to move across central Florida. There have been some twisters touch down in the area so I am still under tornado watch until 1AM. It was originally thought that the center of the storm would hit around 2 or 3 this afternoon. She is being really pokey making sure to leave no one feeling left out. This storm is unusual because she has gained strength of the land and her winds are holding strong at 60-75 miles an hour with gusts up to 90 miles per hour. The rain is falling harder and she will pass over the greater Orlando area (which is me) sometime between 8 and 10PM. Andrew's flight was canceled this morning and so he got on a flight to Birmingham and will try to make it in from there. Everything is going well for the most part Diesel is a little scared of the wind so he hides under the covers. (sometimes I do too) Hers is the newest picture of her path. Love you all.

Yep she is going to boomerang back and hit the St. Augustine area at a category 1 hurricane

5 comments:

The Busby Family said...

Welcome to Florida!!! THat's great to have a hurricane as soon as you guys settle in. I hope you are doing okay and didn't get hit too bad. That's sad Andrew was away for your first. Good luck!

Pearce Family said...

Yikes! That is scary! I don't know if I would do well in that situation. You look great Kathy. How have you been since school?

Sandi and Curtis said...

Today is Wednesday evening. Did Andrew ever make it home? So does that mean you will be in the center of the hurricane when it boomerangs?

Jim said...

Well my friends just for the balance of the universe it was a beautiful day in California. It was a bit hot for my current taste at about 75 today. It was unusually clear with a very light breeze. Good luck Kathy! Hope Andrew makes it safe and sound. Diesel hang in there buddy. All my love!

Melanie and Jake said...

Kathy I hope you are still alive and well!!! That is so scary, especially by yourself.