Saturday, August 30, 2008

This One Is For You Mom!

Now that we are very on our own I have been practicing my domestic skills a little more! (poor Andrew) We are so very poor out here in Florida so I made some homemade bread the other day. I have never really done that before because I was always afraid to bake anything that called for yeast. I am always afraid I will kill it or something like that. I wasn't so bad and it made awesome bread sticks. I had to decorate a cake for our ward Luau this weekend and I decided to try something a little more daring. I actually made my own fondant and covered the cake myself. I found these cute little fall time cookie cutters at the store and I thought it can't be that hard. YEAH RIGHT!!! It actually wasn't that bad it just took a really really long time. It also didn't turn out like the dream cake I pictured in my head (more like a 6 year old decorted it) but I was just grateful the fondant held together. Doesn't look like professional cake decorator is in my future. Mom I know you have your doubts but I actually can cook. Oh... another amazing thing happened today. I found the beauty supply store!!! I have been looking for and needing one desperately these past few weeks. There is nothing better than color and hair product galore to keep ya happy. (that place is like heaven to me) We are luvin it here. Our ward has been so awesome and we are really blessed to be a part of it. They have really become like family and I am so grateful for our friends here. It is crazy how I was really afraid to be so far away from family and friends and the Lord totally takes care of all that stuff. I feel like we are so blessed and continue to be blessed out here. Anyways I will keep you posted and LUV YOUR GUTS GUYS!!! Oh, and did I mention come visit us :)

2 comments:

Charise said...

I'm glad Andrew made it home! I miss you guys! We will have to catch up soon! :)

Jim said...

Kathy I think you cake is darling. Andrew was a professional cake decorator and your cake is way cuter than his were. I say mad props to you.