Saturday, August 23, 2008

Southwest Saved the Day!!!

Hey all just a little note that we made it through the storm unscathed. It wasn't too bad just really windy and a ton of rain. Andrew finally made it home Tuesday night. He said said that the fight crew was Orlando based so they wanted to get home just as much as he did. Andrew said as they started to land it looked like descending into the depths of hell because it was sunny and fine and then just darkness down below him. As they started to descend into Orlando the pilot came on and said "Ladies and gentlemen we have plenty of fuel so we will circle if we have to but I am landing this plane tonight." When they were on the ground the stewardess came on and said "Which airline gets you here in the middle of a hurricane?!" When they got off the plane the gate agents were clapping. I guess there were not many flights that came in that day. So, we are all here safe and sound just getting ready for school to start on Monday.

3 comments:

Megan said...

My goodness. I'm so glad you are both safe. It's so crazy watching it on the tv and seeing all the streets fill up. I hope you guys have a great first day of school :)

Beth said...

WOW that's so crazy! I would have been pretty stressed landing in something like that but I am glad he made it home safely. I don't think my big dog (Sasha) could handle that kind of weather, the only time she gets to be in our bed is when there is thunder or fireworks. She's such a wimp and it doesn't even phase our little dog Capri!! :D I hope school goes great!

The Frei's said...

Hey kathy! It's been such a long time, probably since Dixie:) It was so good to catch up on how your life has been! I can't believe you live in Florida now! Congrats on finishing school! Hope all continues to go well! Breann-