Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Spring Blossoms

When the spring blossoms were out my mom made me drive over to my grandma's house to see her magnolia tree in bloom. It made me miss my Grandma Barber so much...she took so much pride in that tree. As long as I can remember she used to call me on the phone and tell me to come over and look at her beautiful magnolia tree. She hated it so much when it would bloom and then we would get a late frost and all the blossoms would freeze and fall off and then of course the whole family would get a phone call about how sad she was for her poor tree. I would swear to you that I was taller than that tree, I saw how big it had grown and I felt really old all of the sudden. I am so glad my mom, who is just like my grandma, made me drive over to see her beautiful tree. It reminds me of all of the wonderful blessings large or small that I have in my life.


Grandma B's Magnolia Blossoms

My amazing momma looking at that beautiful tree.

My little boy is getting so big I can't believe how much he is growing everyday.
Easton 2 months old

I was trying to get him to smile...obviously it wasn't working.

Still no smile but he can't get any more adorable

I love this little boy and I am so glad that I have the opportunity to be his mother. I feel so blessed that my Father in Heaven would trust me with such a wonderful gift. There is nothing greater than being a mom to this little guy and I am grateful everyday for it.

3 comments:

The Busby Family said...

I'm so happy for you guys! he is just adorable!

Charise said...

He is so cute! I can't to wait to see him in person! I need to call you soon, I want to come and visit this summer :) Love ya!

Sandi and Curtis said...

What a beautiful tree. I thought Magnolia's only grew in the south. Congrats on blessing Easton on Sunday.