Friday, September 5, 2008

Have Your Cake and Eat It Too!

My brother Adam recently introduced me to a new phenomenon called "Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog". (many of you may know it already) It was a Internet miniseries produced during the writers strikes to prove that you don't need Hollywood bigwigs to make something successful. The story follows Dr Horrible's blog as he tries to get accepted into an the Evil League of Evil. If you like comical singing super heroes you will love this. It is funny and totally cheesy but what interested me in reading about it was that all of the actors and crew worked on it for free because of the love for the project and their craft. I liked the message it portrays about life and about wanting something so badly and realizing when you get it the choice made to get there is not all its cracked up to be. It almost reminds me of a home movie done extremely well. Here is the link I hope you LOVE it as much as I did. http://www.drhorrible.com/

Another thing that I am loving right now is a blog that I found on a friends blog. It is called Cake Wrecks and it is freakin hilarious. It is dedicated to all cake wrecks possible, some you could even think impossible. The gal who publishes the blog has the funniest commentary about each and every entry. The Fireman cake story is my favorite. Here are some pictures to give you an idea of what the blog is like.

I believe the title of this is "When Teletubbies Need More Fiber"














These are good lookin cakes right?! They are not the tasty cakes they seem but layers of meat salads and bread. Whoever made them wanted to be so misleading that they even iced them with cream
cheese. YUCK!















These are both just Creepy... nuff said















Nothing screams EAT ME like an order of the POOPOO platter! This was actually on sale at a grocery store bakery. They said they were watermelons. YEAH RIGHT!

I love looking at the Cake Wrecks blog because on a bad day it brings a smile to my face. If you would like to experience more wrecks (and trust me there are plenty) the link is www.cakewrecks.blogspot.com . She is so much funnier than I could ever be so go check it out!

5 comments:

Sandi and Curtis said...

Kathy, I see you were writing this after midnight! I had never heard of either blog. I will definitely check them out. How are you surviving all the hur/himicanes?

Brett and Megan said...

Hi Kathy! I was so excite when I found your blog. You look like you are doing great! I had no idea you lived in Florida, and that you did hair! I do hair too and absolutely love it! Keep in touch!

Jim said...

So I am excited I can read the Poo Poo Platter cake. It says 生日夬樂 (sheng ri kuai le) which as you can guess means happy birthday. Only it says birthday happy but that is how they do it. Random bit of what I do around here. I love it and you two too! Take care and pat your little pooch for me =D

Brett and Megan said...

Hi again!!! No I do not mind at all, I added you to my list of friends too. And how funny about those pictures, I want to see them!

Lindsay said...

That is too funny! Hey, I made our blog private and I need your email address so I can add you. Email me and I will add you! My address is lindsaybarber1@gmail.com. Hope things are good! I miss you!