Hey all- Just wanted to wish my sister and partner in crime for most of my life a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY! (Remember Katie Jane I will always be just a tad older than you) ANYWAY- It has been a very different day being away from my family, but great still the same. Andrew got me a bread maker, I have been wanting one for sometime now. It does all kinds of crazy things and I am way excited to have fresh bread around the house. We have our Disney passes so we decided to drop by and say hello to the mouse who started it all. We ate at this great restaurant in Germany...and by Germany I mean the one in Epcot and then we popped over to the Magic Kingdom for some classic fun. For anyone who is wondering when is a good time to go, this time of year it is completely empty, we walked on every ride, and it is decorated so cute for Fall. As I was filling up my gas tank today(and freaking out about the prices, it has gone up 20 cents since IKE), I was contemplating how much has changed in these short 23 years. I did a little looking and found some prices for things in 1985, I thought this was interesting. Enjoy!
World Population 4,830,979,00
Average Cost of new house $89,330.00
Average Income per year $22,100.00
Average Monthly Rent $375.00
Average Price for new car $9,005.00
1 gallon of gas $1.09 (wouldn't that be awesome!)
Movie Ticket $2.75
US Postage Stamp 22 cents
A Dozen Eggs 80 cents
Bacon per pound $1.65
Interesting 1985 Factiods
- U.S. President Ronald Reagan
- San Francisco 49ers won Super Bowl XIX
- Mike Tyson makes his professional debut
- Coca-Cola changes its new formula and releases New Coke (the response is overwhelmingly negative, and the original formula is back on the market on 3 months)
- A joint American-French expedition locates the wreck of the RMS Titanic
- The Nintendo Entertainment System is released in U.S. stores
- Comic strip Calvin and Hobbes debuts in 35 newspapers
- Microsoft Corporation releases the first version of Windows, Windows 1.0
- Tommy Hilfiger brand established
- Tetris is released
- Compact Discs are introduced to American Consumers
- British Scientists discover a whole in the earths Ozone Layer
Popular Movies
- Back to the Future
- Rambo: First Blood Part II
- Rocky IV
- The Color Purple
- Out of Africa
- Cocoon
- Police Academy 2: Their First Assignment
- A View to a Kill
- Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome








6 comments:
Happy Birthday!!!!! I hope you have a wonderful birthday!
Hi Kathy! You probably don't even remember me? Chaleese Wardleigh Leishman. I just found your blog, you look like you are doing great! You and Andrew are so cute!!
Kathy I want you to know that I thought about you on your birthday! Ever since sixth grade I have remembered that yours and katie's birthdays are on the 17th. Sorry I'm late at wishing you a Happy Birhtday, but I hope you had a great one!
Glad to hear your surviving the weather and everything else that goes along with moving so far away. Well, take care and best of luck!
Lots of love, Sarah, Brent & Madelyn (Abigail only has couple weeks left in the oven!)
Wow! It is so fun to see how things have changed! It is just surprising how much they have changed! So fun, thanks for sharing all that!
Where did you go to Beauty School??? I am trying to figure out if I should quit my job and go full time or is it okay to go part time??
Post a Comment