Sunday, September 14, 2008

Bulking Up!

So, due to the high cost of everything out here, especially food, Andrew and I broke down and got a COSTCO membership. It is crazy to me that you have to pay $60 to walk in the doors, but whatever. There is only the two of us so we never really needed a membership to a place like that but it is so expensive so we are hoping to save some money buying in bulk. Now don't faint, but I have never really been in a Costco before...is everyone okay...did you get over the shock? No, I don't live in a bubble, I always went with my mom to Sam's Club because it was close to our house. You can buy everything at this place it is CRAZY! There were a ton of good deals and you can get amazing discounts on theme park tickets. It is not super close to our house, but lets face it nothing is, so it is worth the little drive to save some cash in our wallets. Upon browsing the aisles, looking at all the things I could possibly want but don't need, I saw it! The most amazing creation, the famous Costco chocolate cake.

I love cake and I love chocolate and that qualifies this as four layers of amazing goodness. My mom bought this for my dads birthday and Andrew and I have loved it ever since. We were going to a friends house for dinner and I was in charge of bringing dessert so I couldn't resist getting one. I had my slice and loved every bit of it but it is so rich I think I am set for a decade or so. If you have not tried this cake you should because it will knock your socks off.

4 comments:

Charise said...

I am shocked! You have never been to costco before! My mom would be proud now that you have a membership! :) I hope you are doing good! I'll have to call soon! I miss you!

Nick and Serina said...

Costco is the best place. Nick and I use it alot even though it's just us. My favorite thing to buy is the toliet paper becuase it last the 2 of us like 6 months!!!! Also we love buy meat in bulk, it saves on money but then there's always meat in the freeze to make for dinner. We miss you and hope all is well with thte two of you!

Beth said...

Wow I had a lot to catch up on!! I love this cake and am seriously impressed by your fondant abilities below! I am glad you guys are doing so well and have met a lot of people...and critters ;)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Kathy!!!