My grandma has recently undergone emergency open heart surgery. She is 83 years old and is doing well for how young she is. She needs 24 hour care over the next four months while she recovers from the surgery. I recently quit my job at the salon to care for her during the daytime. I love my grandma so there was no question to it and we have fun together. She is making leaps and bounds of progress everyday. Today we set her hair in rollers so it will be nice for the coming week. She had a long day with many welcomed visitors and some not so welcome. She had the home health care nurse and the physical therapist back to back and that just about wore her out. She is an amazingly strong lady and I love spending time with her especially because the move to Florida is getting closer. She watched me every time I was sick as a child and I can't think of a better way to spend my days. I love you Grandma!!!
Friday, April 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








2 comments:
I am sad that you are leaving but so happy for the adventure you will be having! What an incredible experience! Congrats!
Ah how nice of you! That must be a big change from working but it sounds like a very good use of your time before moving!! We can't wait to come visit ;)
Post a Comment