Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Under the Lights!!!

A few days after we brought Easton home he got really jaundiced and had to be admitted to Arnold Palmer Children's Hospital for light therapy. My mom and I were able to stay with him in his room and it was the longest 24 hours of my life. I knew he would be fine but with a baby that is 3 days old I just worried about him...if he was breathing...if he was comfortable so needless to say I didn't get very much sleep. I was able to take him out every three hours to nurse him and change his diaper and I hated having to put him back in the isolette.




He was so tiny in there...he had lost down to 6lbs.




He actually did great in the isolette he was so relaxed and slept for the most part. I am pretty sure it was harder on me than it was on him.




He did not love having his eyes covered by the eye shield and it kept slipping down over his nose which would make him even more mad. They look like tiny little horse blinders.




My mom and I woke up to find Little E laying like this and we started cracking up. It looked like he was sun bathing...we must have been so exhausted because we laughed until we were crying.




I love my little man and I am so glad this phase is over with and he is healthy.


1 comments:

shannon said...

one of our favorite photos of the ev in the nicu was her tanning:) glad he is well! hang in there lady