I don't know why I am awake at 3AM with a million things running through my mind!!! I am sure it is the crazy pregnancy hormones that are keeping me awake but at 36 weeks pregnant I wish I could just go back to sleep because I know in a few short weeks I will never sleep the same again. I went to the Dr today for my 36 week visit and had my Strep B culture done...crazy this little boy could be here so soon. I had an ultra sound done to see how big the baby is and they estimate that his weight is somewhere around 6lbs 10oz...so with four weeks to go we could have a pretty big baby on our hands. The Dr came in to chat with us after the ultra sound and it is never good when he starts out by saying, "We found something during the ultra sound that concerns us." My eyes were burning so bad as I tried to hold back tears and listen to what the Dr. had to say...especially when he said, "Now, I don't want you to cry about this." I thought to myself...YEAH RIGHT PAL...you are not the one who was just told they found something wrong with your precious little man inside you!!! The Dr explained the issue and I tried to listen to every word spilling out of his mouth so I wouldn't miss anything. They believe our little baby boy has a problem with the valve that empties from his stomach into his intestine. The valve that connects the two is overdeveloped and not opening correctly causing his little stomach to retain any fluid that goes in. This problem is not usually developed until after the baby is born and can be fixed through surgery in the first few weeks of life. Problem with me is he having issues with this now which means he is taking amniotic fluid in and it is not getting back out very well, which causes the amniotic fluid to be lower than usual. We are meeting with a specialist at Winnie Palmer in the next week or so and I guess they will keep monitoring the fluid levels over the next few weeks to make sure there is enough around the baby. I have combed over the Internet to find information on this issue and all I have seen are babies born and then developing this in the first few months of life but I cannot find a single thing about a baby being diagnosed with this while he is still inside the womb. After the appointment I thought, "I've got this...I am fine, No big deal." Then I got home and I started panicking and thinking why is this happening right now...this baby is almost here...why now?! After calming down from my over emotional pregnancy freak out...I realize that I need to have faith in my Heavenly Father that everything will be okay. I am trying not to be completely hysterical and worry about it (which is not going over too well, but I'm working on it) to much but I just want my little boy to be healthy. I am trying really hard lately to give myself a personal check-up to find all the amazing ways my Father in Heaven is evident in my life. I know he is aware of me personally and I know all I have been given comes from him. I have a lot of things to be grateful for today and one of those is that fact that I have an amazing Dr. who didn't miss this and figured it out early and the fact that I actually had an ultra sound scheduled today (most women at this practice don't have one after 20 weeks) and they were able to see this problem. I am just trying to stay positive and hope for the best until we meet with the specialist and know what is going on for sure. I know there is a plan for me and my new little family and that Heavenly Father is always watching over us...looking back on my day and really the last few weeks...I truly know he is evident in my daily life.
Friday, February 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








5 comments:
Nice the Dr. starts out with- you don't need to cry- that's just asking for the tears to start coming! I hope all goes well! You'll be in our prayers. At least this probably means you will have your baby before the due date.
I am so sorry that you are having to go through so late in your pregnancy! I hope that everything goes well for you and your family and you will be in our thoughts these next couple of weeks!
Awww Kathy! I'm so sorry. But, when I read this, my honest thoughts were "It is so lucky its a problem that can be fixed so early" There are so many things that can happen to our little ones that they can't fix till later in life and parents end up spending so much time worrying. I'll be praying for you and just keep on counting your blessings, before you know it, the biggest one ever will be here!
Kathy I'm so sorry. I think the panic attack was totally understandable. You are right that Heavenly Father is well aware of you and your little baby. Be sure to keep us posted though this crazy cyber world. We'll keep your family in our prayers.
I am so sorry. There is NOTHING worse than worrying about your child! I will keep you in my prayers.
I did see the comment you made on my blog about being in Sharelle's ward...what a small ward! She is so awesome, I'm sure you've found that out by now!
Post a Comment