WARNING: Extremely long post with lots of pictures...sorry
On Monday morning we dropped Diesel off at a doggy daycare and went to Ford's Theatre. It is awesome to go to DC because they have so much to do there and there is no cost for admission.

Outside the theatre
This picture was taken through Plexiglas so it is a little blurry.
After Ford's Theatre we drove to George Washington's homestead. Mount Vernon was awesome, there was an amazing tour of the house and then you could walk the grounds and look at the gardens. The house was so beautiful inside...I just wanted to move right in...I mean Who wouldn't?!.
This is the view from the back of the house looking out on the Potomac River. I could have planted myself in the chairs on the veranda and stayed there all day.

This is a view of the back of the house...I'm telling ya it is the most gorgeous place ever. We walked down to the family tomb and the boat dock (this place is huge). As you leave Mount Vernon they have the most amazing museum about George Washington and his life. I am glad we decided to go on Monday because it was warm and sunny and the next day was really cold!!! On the way home we drove up embassy row and went to see the National Cathedral.



It was getting dark and very cold so we jumped out of the car and got a few pictures and then made a run for it. I would have liked to have gone inside but we had the dog with us so we drove back to Lisa and Kelly's. That night we ate at an Italian place called Santini's and they had some killer pizza. The next day we hit some of the Smithsonian museums in downtown. Here are some pictures from the American History Museum.
Everybody loves a TMNT
Abe Lincoln's hat
Love me some Oscar the Grouch
and Kermit too!
My favorite were these lovely ladies, they were so sparkly, I just wanted to take them home and put them on.
Everybody loves a TMNT
Abe Lincoln's hat
Love me some Oscar the Grouch
and Kermit too!
My favorite were these lovely ladies, they were so sparkly, I just wanted to take them home and put them on.I also loved the First Ladies Inaugural Ballgown Exhibit. The museum was closing so we had to be speedy but we got to see everything. That night we went back to Lisa and Kelly's and got takeout Vietnamese from a place called The Four Sister's ( Andrew and I have never had it before) and it was so good. Then for the best part of the entire trip we played Settler's of Catan. All of us are big gamers and it was so nice to be able to spend time with Lisa and Kelly. We are always up for a game. Thanks again guys! We got up the next morning and started the 13 hour drive back to sunny Florida. I think we got home around 10:30 that night and my family's flight arrived around 11:30 PM. By the time we met them at the airport and drove them to their hotel it was 2:30 in the morning and we were beat. Even though we were exhausted it is always so fun to see family! Love you guys.










4 comments:
Looks like a way fun trip! I love the slippers too!
hey Andrew...it's Krysta Smith from CHS. I was poking around and found you. I wish I would have known you and your wife were in town. This is my new stomping ground and I would have loved to take the both of you around. Hope things are going well. Let me know if you ome back for another trip.
I love these pictures!! Mt. Vernon is one of my favorite places - it's beautiful. Looks like you had tons of fun! :)
My husband and I want to go to DC on a vacation sometime... I haven't been since my 8th grade trip LOL... and that was a looooong time ago... your post makes me excited to want to plan to go soon!
Post a Comment