Friday, April 10, 2009

Long Time No Post

Sorry Andrew and I have been extremely busy this last month...I guess almost two months. I hope the craziness will stop soon because I don't know how long I can keep up this pace. So for those of you who are interested, and I don't know who would would be, here is what has been going on with us recently. Andrew has been in rehearsal for a musical review that was done at UCF and a few other things here and there. He is also directing a one act for the school's one act festival and I think it shows next weekend. He has finals coming up in two weeks and then he will be done with his first year at UCF. WOW...time flies when you are having fun! I can't believe it has almost been a year out here in Florida. I was called as the Young Women's President about a month and a half ago.....I have no idea what they were thinking and I am still trying to figure out what the heck I am doing. I am still trying to get everything worked out and it has been a humbling experience but I love it. If anyone has any ideas or advice throw it my way I will take as much as I can get.
Among all that we decided to take a trip to Washington DC super last minute. The night we got back in town my parents and my sisters flew in for a fun filled week at Disney. I have been crazy busy doing hair which is great and now here we are 3 weeks later with Easter upon us and more family in town. So I am going to try to be better about posting what is going on out here in sunny Florida. We decided Friday afternoon that we would drive up to DC Saturday morning and stay for a few days. Andrew's has family up there so we called them and asked if we could crash at their house. It was an awesome trip and we are so grateful that Lisa and Kelly let us stay with them last minute. We got there late Saturday night and just hit the sack because we were so tired. Sunday we went to church with Lisa, Kelly and their two boys Lincoln and Sawyer. Those two are the cutest little guys you ever did see and we miss them. Sunday night Andrew and I drove into the city and walked the mall to look at all the memorials. I love DC it is such an amazing place with so much to see...and you know I am a total history nerd so it was awesome.

This is the Lincoln Memorial and is was so beautiful at night. I was amazed at how quiet it was with so may people around but you reach the steps and this reverent feeling just kind of hits you.I tried to get a picture of us in front of Mr. Lincoln but the flash wouldn't work so our faces were shadowed and UGH...this begins the camera drama but don't worry I'm not bitter.






The Korean War Memorial is one of my favorites because once again you walk up to the quietness and you feel like you are in the middle of a rice paddy. This is the point where my camera decided go BIZURK and I wanted to throw it into the reflecting pool!!! Hence the pictures are having light issues but whatever....can you tell I am not all bugged. So as for me getting any other pictures it just wasn't happening because they all came out blurry.

I did get one picture of the WWII Memorial because my cute little Grandpa Melvy fought in the war and I am so proud of him, he is my hero in so many ways. The picture below is when my grandpa got to go see the WWII memorial last summer. He is just the cutest guy in the whole world.

I will post more of the trip later because this post is getting kinda longish and I am sure you are already bored to death. See Ya!!!

9 comments:

Beth said...

Great update! It's about time we hear from you again... ;)

The Busby Family said...

We were so glad to see you guys also. You should have come for Easter too! It's so nice to have family semi close.

Sandi and Curtis said...

Glad you updated your blog. We were wondering how you were.

Julie said...

Oh Kathy you are so cute! This kinda longish post isn't longish enough for me :) Sounds like life is very fun for you! And how fun to be the YW pres and at such a fun young age! I bet the girls were just thrilled to have you become the pres. Good Luck!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Stephanie said...

We love DC too! I'm glad that you had so much fun, but you drove!!!

Craig and Aly said...

Wow YW pres! Congrats! You are so amazing and I know all the girls will love you! Sounds like life for you is crazy busy and super exciting!

leona said...

Hey Kathy ... hope you don't mind me dropping by! Sounds like ya'll are having great adventures in Fl and there abouts!

ps. you will be an amazing YW president! They are blessed to have you!

Hello to Andrew too!

leona said...

Hey Kathy ... hope you don't mind me dropping by! Sounds like ya'll are having great adventures in Fl and there abouts!

ps. you will be an amazing YW president! They are blessed to have you!

Hello to Andrew too!