Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Reclaiming my Kitchen!!!

Since we moved here in July we have had a small ant problem and I have tried to deal with it the best I can. We sprayed every inch of the house about 10 times and I have those little things that are supposed to kill them hidden everywhere. It has really only been a problem by the doors because they are not sealed very well but when we got back from Utah it was a very different story. They were crawling on my counter and that is just not okay with me!!! I have tried everything I can think of from putting more traps out, pulling out the stove and spraying behind it( I thought that is were they were coming from), to cleaning my counters 50 times a day and I am not over exaggerating. What can I do to get rid of these things??? If you have any advice or suggestions let me know because they are driving me crazy!!!


But on to other things, I wanted to post something I have been working on for the last week or so. For Christmas Katie and TJ gave me a BoBunny scrapbook kit and I just finished putting it together. It is a book and the letters spell out BEACH. Now for those of you who are PRO scrapbookers and are way beyond ready made kits you need to know that I am not very creative in this area(I know nothing about scrap booking) so give me all the stuff and directions on how to put it together and that is about as creative as I am going to get. I don't want to toot my own horn but I am pretty proud of myself considering a month ago I thought BoBunny was a children's book or something. Here is the finished product, did I mention I am not good at this stuff so NO judging because not everything is straight.

















































































10 comments:

Sandi and Curtis said...

I'd say you did a fabulous job! The final project is waaaayyyy cute!

Dayna and David said...

We had an ant problem in California at one point. We tried an ant poison thing (like D-con for ants), but I don't think it worked. So we bought a barrier spray and sprayed around the whole outside of the house drenching the doorways where they come in. We even sprayed the interior of the entry way. It worked for us. I just reapplied it every week for a month, then they never came back in.

Brent & Sarah said...

We hate ants too! We had a similar problem - I'm gearing up for a battle with toddlers & food and those darn ants this summer. I sprayed, did the trap thing and luckily they went away. And I was pregnant - was not a happy camper! Good luck! Your book looks cute - never heard of them before either.

MaryAnn said...

I think it's really cute! Do you use it like a scrapbook or is it more like a wall decoration?

Joe and Rachelle said...

I am so sorry about the ants. I hate ants! When ever I see them, I get the chills and feel like they are crawling all over me. They're almost as bad as spiders! I know I'm way too girly! I love your scrapbook! Very cute!

Stephanie said...

Try warm soapy water, that should kill them.

Beth said...

I have no idea what to do about the ants but that would make me crazy too - good luck!!

The book is awesome, I am definitely in the category of needing a kit as well :D

Justin and Ashley said...

Hey Kathy! I found your blog through someone else's and hope it's okay for me to add you to my friends list! I love that scrapbook BEACH letters it is super cute!
-Ashley

Mandy said...

Hey I just wanted to pop over and say "HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANDREW!!!"

Much love from Utah,
Mandy

Nate and Sarah said...

Oh my gosh, you are so crafty! You need to give me some lessons! I seriously love that so so much.