Thursday, December 11, 2008

The Living Seas

There are so many awesome things to see here in Central Florida so Andrew and I decided to go on an adventure for our anniversary. We drove down to Tampa for the day to go exploring. The first stop we made was the Florida Aquarium and it is crazy huge. It is right down by the Port Authority so we got to see all the ships (They were HUGE too!) coming in and out of the bay. It is so awesome to be right next to the ocean.

I was so excited because they brought the penguins right out to us. I have never been that close to one before and they were so cute! There was this huge atrium with birds flying around everywhere. I wish I had a better camera so I could have taken better pictures of them.
This guy landed right by us.
I have never seen a pelican before it was so cool.
This is the biggest lobster I have ever seen.
And this is the biggest fish I have ever seen!!! I think he thought that girls head was food.
They had a section in the aquarium where you could touch starfish and anemones. It kind of scary at first because I am a total chicken and I don't like to touch slimy things.
My favorite little star fish!
The aquarium decks had an awesome view of the harbour.
There was an exhibit with tons a different kinds of sea hoarse,this one looked like a plant.
We went out on the deck as this cruise ship was leaving, it was crazy to see them turn something so big is a really little space. I was really wishing I was on it going to somewhere fabulous instead of watching it set sail.
This was my favorite part of the aquarium. JELLYFISH are so amazing!!! I sat and watched them for the longest time because they are so fascinating to me.

I guess I really liked the Jellyfish.


After the aquarium we drove over to the St. Petersburg pier. It was so beautiful over there and they had this cute little beach. The pier had some fun shops and restaurants to look at and a great view of Tampa.

We found a Zoltar Speaks machine (there is an extremely long story that goes along with the amazing Zoltar and if you really want to know I will tell you about it sometime) out on the pier and how could we not take a picture. Look familiar??? How funny is that?! We couldn't leave without having our fortune read by Zoltar.
This is out on the pier looking back on St. Petersburg. After that we went to one of our favs, The Melting Pot for a fabulous dinner. We totally love Fondue! Thanks for the awesome anniversary babe.

4 comments:

Beth said...

Looks like a great time!! You took beautiful pictures too :)

Shannon Masayo said...

i have always wanted to try the melting pot. what a fun day for your guys!!! i love all the pictures, except the jellyfish, I was stung about 10 times while in mexico i thought i was dying haha. but the star fish are so pretty! reminds me of nemo! :)

Nate and Sarah said...

Wow those are some amazing pictures! It looks like you guys had a blast! I am jealous. Merry Christmas!

Necia and Joe Shumway said...

ha ha ZOLTAR!!! That is such a good thing for him to pose by!!! I love it!!!
It's so beautiful out there!!!