I was tagged by Kallee! I don't really do tags that often but everybody has had some pretty funny stuff to share, so I thought, why not?!. So here goes with all my weird random facts...
FACT #1 I am totally obsessive compulsive when it comes to going to bed at night. I will check to make sure all the doors are locked and the oven and stove are turned off, at least 4 times. I get half way up the stairs and even though I know I just checked it I will go back again just to make sure. Then I usually make Andrew look under the bed and check the closet to make sure there isn't a scary monster lurking or hiding somewhere. After which, he goes back downstairs for me one more time to make sure the doors are really locked and the stove is actually turned off. I know that I totally get this from my mom, she has always been the same way. I also do this with my flat iron, we will be pulling out the driveway to go somewhere and I will have Andrew run back in to make sure I unplugged it. I guess I would rather be safe than sorry.
FACT #2 I am deathly afraid of any kind of lunch/deli meat. That stuff totally repulses me, yuck! I don't know if it is because its has a totally slimy texture, reeks like smelly rotting gym socks, or the oily nasty rainbow sheen that you can see if it hits the light in the wrong way. I hate touching it too, if Andrew wants it on a sandwich, he makes it himself. I hardly ever buy it because I hate eating it and I think it makes the whole fridge stink. It is the most disgusting things in the world, if I am somewhere and I know that it is on the docket for lunch I start to get all clammy and nervous cause it totally makes me want to throw up!
FACT#3 I have the worst bladder control in the world, all the women in my family do. If I start laughing really hard I will totally pee my pants. Once it starts there is no stopping it and I just have to make a beeline for the bathroom. Sometimes I can cross my legs and hope that it stops but usually I am on my way to complete embarrassment. It has happened basically everywhere, with my friends in high school, girls camp, sleep overs, on dates, family parties,in the car, oh and all the time in college. My roommates down at Dixie State thought it was hysterical, all it took was Katie or Lori laughing a little bit and then I would start laughing, they would start laughing harder and I would plead with them to stop cause I had to pee, this would then send them into laughing convulsions because I was on the verge of wetting my pants, and it usually ended up with me laughing so hard I had to make the walk of shame to the bathroom because I wet my pants. On a good night, I would come out and they would start laughing harder and I was headed back to the bathroom. I try to be really really good about it now so I don't completely humiliate my husband when we are around other people. Even though it is embarrassing it feels good to laugh that hard every once and a while.
FACT #4 I have a very systematic way of eating a slice of cake, I like it to be very neat and orderly. I hate it when it is not symmetrical on both sides. First I have to lay it down on its side and take bites all the way across from left to right in a straight line, starting with the thinnest end first. When I get down to about the last inch I tip it once again so the frosted back is facing up and revert back to the whole line thingy again. It drives Andrew totally crazy, especially when he shares with me because I make him use this system too.
FACT #5 I sleep with a night light in our bedroom, if I wake up I have to be able to see what is around me. I don't know why but about a year after we got married I developed a fear of the dark. I never even had this problem as a child, so I don't really know where it came from. I used to love scary movies and haunted houses but now I am a huge scaredy cat and can't do it anymore. Andrew, my brother in law Justin and I went to see When a Stranger Calls and I couldn't even get get past the opening credits before I asked Andrew for the keys to the car because I couldn't take it anymore, nothing had even happened yet. I told him I was going to the mall and I would come pick them up when the movie was over. He couldn't believe I was really leaving, they never let me live that one down. Ever since then I have been a total baby when it comes to scary things, especially the dark.
FACT#6 I am really weird about earwax and my ears not being clean. Every morning the first thing I have to do clean my ears (they don't even get that waxy). If I don't they start to get really itchy and I start to go nuts because I feel like they are oozing wax (I know it is all a mental thing). I use 6 Q-tips for my daily routine, 3 for each ear, one for the inside, one for the front, and one for the back. I instantly feel better after I have removed all that wax and dirt and can go back to whatever I was doing before. It drives me crazy that Andrew doesn't do it every morning, I don't know how he makes it all day. If we go out of town somewhere and I realize we forgot to pack the Q-tips I instantly get itchy ears (once again a mental thing) and we have to go straight to the store and get some.
FACT #7 I hate olives because I think they taste like metal. Once when I was little I ate an olive at a family bar-b-que, it had probably been sitting out a little too long and I distinctly remember it tasting like sucking on a penny. Now, how would I know what sucking on a penny tasted like? Come on, you know you have all done it once as a little kid! I never ate another olive after that. A few years back I thought I would try again...sometimes things taste better when you are an adult. NOPE!!! Still tastes like sucking on a penny, really gross.
Now I tag-Charise, Lindsey, Serina, Melissa, Morgan, Melanie, and Hillary.
Monday, October 6, 2008
Tagged...
Posted by Andrew and Kathy at 9:39 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








3 comments:
I think we were seperated at birth! I have the WORST bladder controll too AND I left the movies when I went and saw When a Stranger Calls! I waited in the hall till the end and the manager felt bad and gave me a free movie! I sure miss you guys!
I'm so jealous you guys can enter Disney World as you wish! Freaking awesome!
Ok, I'm going to start thinking of some random facts. I loved yours. This is a great tag. I love seeing how weird people really are:)
Those were so funny! I love to hear about all of the weird things people do. I am so with ya on the OCD thing, that's exactly how I am!
Post a Comment