We had our first visitors out here in sunny Orlando. Morgan and Jordan Squire came out to Florida for a week. Morgan is one of my roommates from Dixie State and her husband Jordan served his mission here from 2005-2007. We were all really excited to go see the space shuttle launch, it was a total bummer when it got postponed. Andrew and I had a busy week so trying to get our schedules to match so we could go over to the park with them was a pain. We had them over to our house for dinner on Thursday and finally on their last day here we got to go to the Magic Kingdom with them. We went on one of my favorites, Splash Mountain and Andrew and I got completely soaked. It was really good to see you guys, thanks for letting us tag along at Disney. Oh...and come back and visit soon! It is so fun over there right now(at the MAGIC KINGDOM) because it is all decorated for HALLOWEEN. The trees never change color in Florida so it is the only place around here that reminds me that it is Fall time. I have some pictures of the fall festivities.





The day after Morgan and Jordan left another friend of ours, Scott Scriven, flew in for a conference at the Florida Hotel. We had the chance to take Scott to Epcot and Hollywood Studios while he was here. Right now EPCOT is having its annual International Food and Wine Festival, the theme is Cities in Wonderland. It is a 6 week event, showcasing some of the best food and chefs from around the world. Couldn't really tell ya about the wine part though, but everything else is great!
Along with all the regular countries at World Showcase, there are about 20 additional locations from around the world. All of which offer traditional dishes to sample for a fairly inexpensive price. Andrew and I tried some new things but we weren't daring enough to go for the escargot, I think the chicken pastries from Morocco had already put us over the edge.
They have an EAT TO THE BEAT concert series, there are bands playing everywhere and the whole park is decorated with this Wonderland theme. There was a huge tea party scene and playing cards all throughout the park. They had the most awesome napkins, I know you think I'm weird but Disney doesn't miss a detail. I'll try to get a picture of them to post because they were so cute.
This is a great time of the year to visit EPCOT, and probably one of the best times to visit Disney World in general. Prices on hotels are some of the cheapest of the year, the weather is great, and the lines are pretty much non-existent. So, if you need a vacation give us a call, we would love to see you.








4 comments:
I wish I could come visit! It would be so much fun!!! We don't have anything as cool as Disneyworld in Washington.
I am so clearly Jealous that you live so close to something that I love!! I am going to disneyland mmm..TONIGHT!! I am so excited. Thank goodness Duncan and I will be moving to California probably in the near future so I can experience the joy of Disney bliss everyday of my life.
What great photos! Looks like you all had a great time, even if scheduling was a pain.
You have been boo'ed! Check my blog.
Post a Comment