Saturday, July 5, 2008

HOUSE HUNTING!!!


17 DAYS TO GO!!! We are in the grand ol’ state of Florida right now looking for a place to live. It is a lot harder than I thought it would be. We love it here it is so beautiful and green everywhere you look. The campus is gorgeous and HUGE it makes Weber look like a junk hole. No gators or crocs yet but we did see some storks trying to drag this dead armadillo lookin thing off the road so they could eat it. WEIRD!!! They don’t have regular stop lights theirs are hung across wire in every which way and direction ALSO WEIRD! (VERY CONFUSING) We don’t ever know where we are and I swear I will never figure it out. I know I am gonna miss those mountains that mark the east and that lake to the west. A GPS was the smartest thing we ever invested in (IF YOU DON’T HAVE ONE YOU SHOULD GET ONE) they are the coolest. We have looked at some nice and not so nice places. It is a little bit expensive here in the town of Mickey. We looked at this one apartment and when the lady told me it was $1040 for a 1 bed 1 bath I thought “OH, WOW!!” and when she told me the 2 bed 2 bath was $1420 I thought I was going to pee my pants! We did find this cute little townhouse about 30 minutes away from the school and it is so CUTE. It is 2 beds 2½ bath 2 car garage and with a fence for little diesel. We loved it right away and have an application in on it (so cross your fingers for us that it all goes through) But until then we still keep on looking and looking. The members here have been awesome! They have helped us with so much info and have been so amazingly kind in helping us with things from areas to live in, job hook ups, a ward to go to on Sunday, and even a bar-b-que and fireworks ( I swear nothing is illegal here) to go to on the 4th because we were away from home. We have been so lucky and continued to be blessed in this move. We will keep you posted on the rest of the trip kids.

8 comments:

Natster said...

Wow! I didn't realize that rent was so pricey! Yikes! I am sad you are leaving, but so excited for you at the same time! Good luck with all you are doing!

Lindsay said...

I'm so sad that you are leaving! I don't want you to go! Im sure you guys are having a blast, have a great trip and call me when you get back!

Beth said...

I am glad you are having some luck finding a place and meeting people. That's so great!! We are sad you are leaving but can't wait to visit :)

Kallee and Duncan said...

WOW, and I thought paying for rent in Utah was crazy! Good luck with the hunting!

Charise said...

Yeah! I'm so glad you found somewhere you want to live, I hope it all works out! I'm so excited to see you this weekend! :) Call me!

Heidi and Jace said...

Sounds fun! I love to hear the differences in places to live. We still hope to get a babysitter and see Andrew in the play when they come to AZ. Hope all is well with you!

Hillary said...

I am so glad you guys found a place! I am crossing my fingers for you, and I am so sad you will be so far away! It will definitely be a good adventure for the both of you!

Charise said...

I'm so glad I got to see you! Good luck with the big move! :)